Conference calling is now one of the best ways to communicate–whether you use it to conduct business meetings or to simply catch up with family and friends. The good news is, there are now a lot of conference call services from free to paid that make communicating much easier.
If you are looking for free conference calling services that are easy to use, simple, quick to set up and probably something that you would want to use, listed below are six of the best apps which you can download. These apps will allow you to make free, online conference calls to your family and friends, video chat and hold conference calls with colleagues, and make use of collaboration tools.
• UberConference– One of the most popular apps for conference calling is UberConference. Created by Firespotter, UberConference allows you to choose your contacts from your address book and created instant conference. You can enjoy powerful controls like muting a participant, earmuffs, custom hold music, call recording, call summaries etc. This one is top on the list because of its awesome features. This app is available on both Google Play and Apple App Store.
• MeBeam – MeBeam is a good app to use for online video conferencing. It is very fast and easy to set up. Once it is set up, you can instantly hold video conferences with up to 18 people in a single call. The good thing about this app is that there is no need for you to register or install any kind of software which can be hassling. Just simply visit the app, create your own conference room and share it to people you wish to participate in on the call. Take note that you need a working headset so you can hear the conference call.
• ooVoo – This is one the best apps to use for video chatting. It is actually a free, video chat software which allows you to communicate with up to 6 people all at the same time. In simple terms, it is a messaging program which offers high quality video chat capabilities. One drawback is that it is currently just available to Window users but they are working on releasing a version that is compatible with Mac too.
• Rondee – If you are not very particular about video capabilities, Rondee is a good app to use. With this app, you can schedule phone conference calls and invite as many participants as you want. You can make phone calls over the phone or through the web. So participants can join a conference room, they need to know the Rondee access number and dial it in. If there is an access code, then they also need to key in the access code to gain access to the conference room.
• TalkShoe – If you want some entertainment, TalkShoe is the right app to use. If you register, you will be part of an online community where you can host, participate or simply listen to live talk shows and discussions. You can even schedule conference talks and invite those among the community who are interested in participating.
• Thinkature – If you need a free conference calling app for educational or business purposes, Thinkature is the app for you. It has a very easy-to-use interface and provides an online brainstorming dashboard where you can create mind maps and draw and discuss ideas with your schoolmates or colleagues. The main advantage of this app is that it allows you to invite as many participants as you want.
Listed above are six of the best free conference calling apps that you could try. If you have tried any of those apps or know of other apps that are similar, please feel free to share them with me in the comments below!
Justin works as a senior business associate helping brands and start up’s to take efficient business decisions and plan proper business strategies. He is a big gadget freak who loves to share his views on latest technologies and applications.