If you’ve ever tried the various mobile document scanning apps out there you probably have mixed results. I’ve tried some great apps and I’ve tried some terrible ones. But today I’m looking at an app for iOS called Black and White Scanner from Tipirneni Software. The name pretty much describes it. Black and White Scanner is perfect for business users since many of the documents we will be scanning on the go won’t have color. They will be legal documents such as contracts which need to be clear and readable.
Black and White Scanner features a special algorithm for removing shadows from the scanned document. This is huge and it works really well. The interface for Black and White Scanner is very simple and easy to understand.
Scanning a document is quick and painless. You can easily select the crop size by using the preset paper sizes or use a custom crop size. Black and White Scanner also lets you easily send the document once scanned. You can choose the file type (PDF, PNG), the resolution, and how to send it (email or to another app).
Black and White Scanner Features:
- Simple 2-finger zoom and rotation to any angle.
- Easily crop unwanted content.
- Presets for US Letter, US Legal, and A4 paper sizes with customization for any size.
- Export scans as PNG images or copied images to the clipboard or a single multi-page PDF file.
- Export to email, other apps, or to your image library.
- Special 2-bit scanning and compression algorithm for sharp scans with small file sizes.
Black and White Scanner is a great app for the consultant or small business owner who is on the go a lot. It’s much more convenient (and cost effective) than a handheld scanner. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and the quality of scans with this app. The cost is $2.99 and is very reasonable for the convenience of having the app.