Most people talk about bad drivers on the road when they encounter them. They notice the people tailgating and cutting them off, and they notice when people don’t park properly. The thing is, what if people are noticing this stuff about you? What would you feel if people thought you were the horrible driver?
You could be a hideous driver and not even know it, but if you’re using the service of GetDismissed frequently because of constant speeding fines, you’re definitely in need of a few lessons in common sense and road decency. So, with this in mind, we’ve got five reasons you’re a terrible driver. Once you know them, you can finally do better.
- You’re Afraid. It’s not always easy to be on the road, especially in scary driving conditions. The problem is that when you’re on the road, you need to not be afraid. Telling yourself you can’t do something while you’re about to do it makes you a bad driver, because you’re going to second guess yourself at the wrong time. If you’re going to drive, you shouldnt be afraid of what you’re doing.
- You’re Staying In The Right Lane. The right lane is essentially the wrong lane – depending on where you live in the world. You should not consistently drive in the lane that you are supposed to use for overtaking and if you are, it’s no wonder people are beeping at you to move. Drive in the correct lanes and you can allow others to overtake as needed. When you spend time in the wrong lane, it makes you a terrible driver and people won’t be happy!
- Anger At Tailgaters. It’s annoying, yes, but if someone is tailgating you, it’s you that is the bad driver for slowing down to annoy them. They shouldn’t be speeding and they should not be stuck to the back of the car, but they are and your anger at them is going to distract you from the road. Don’t be a hot head if you don’t have to be.
- You Forget To Indicate. If you don’t tell people where you’re going, you’re going to be the cause of an accident on the road. Tell people where you’re going to be and use your indicator properly. Without your indicator, you’re going to end up being the bad driver on the road.
- You Drive Drunk. Oh, just one drink – just one. One is already too many, and if you’re driving with a drink in you or in your hand, you’re going to be the worst driver on the road. Alcohol impairs your ability to concentrate, and this puts your life and the lives of others at risk.
You don’t have to be a bad driver: the way you drive is a choice and it’s up to you to make the best possible choices out there. Don’t be afraid to go back and relearn how to drive if necessary. It could be everything that you need for success on the road.
(Cover Image Source: Pexels)